ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Spring Practice

ThePride77

Ben Kelso
Oct 1, 2013
Attended the open Practice yesterday and I was impressed. Had some great weather too.

For people who are football geeks, yesterdays format was good. You got to see how the new staff runs practice, up close coaching in position drills, situational scrimmaging. It was great.

I walked away impressed with the organization, flow and tempo of practice. The team looked well conditioned, organized and confident.

The OL looks deeper and bigger, and the WR’s looked better than they did at any point last year. Childress looks like a player again and Ward looked quick, strong and healthy. Poljan looks amazing at TE. He’s gained weight but he looks even more athletic running routes and catching anything thrown his way. The RB depth is absolutely insane with Ward/Nicholes/Gwilly/Ross/Lewis. Nickoles and Lewis are primed to take the conference over in 2020, and I expect Ward to have a huge SR yr next fall.

I think I counted 5/6 QB’s?
Dormady took #1 reps and Moore and Tommy rotated with the 2’s. Moore looked amazing at times but Dormady seems a bit more consistent at this point. I bet we see 2 maybe 3 QB’s on opening night before coach MAC settles on someone. Hergot was running with the TE’s and Person appeared to be last on the depth in terms of getting reps. The FR QB from Miami has, by far, the best arm of the group. The ball just comes out fast and clean every time. I suspect we might see him in 4 games this year while keeping his RS. The kid looks like he could be special.

The D has a lot to replace, so we need the offense to score some points. There is still some nice talent in the backend, but don’t expect the same level of D the unit produced last year.

Going to be interesting, these coaches are intense and don’t mess around. Can’t wait for opening night.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News