ADVERTISEMENT

Commit Rundown: Week 10

joeva25

Administrator
May 21, 2015
Note: This post only includes information about commits that are on a team that has made the playoffs.

Here is a rundown of how CMU commits did last week in their 2015 playoff openers:

Mt. Pleasant RB/LB Hunter Buczkowski - Mt. Pleasant 24 - Gaylord 3
When it mattered most, Hunter Buczkowski came through in a big way for his team. He carried the load last Saturday afternoon with 23 carries for 202 rushing yards and a touchdown. He also totaled 9 tackles on the defensive side of the ball. Mt. Pleasant will host Petoskey this Saturday at 1 p.m.

Clintondale DE Joshuwa Eldridge - Clintondale 0 - Algonac 38
The Dragons have not won a playoff game since 2008, and that streak continued last Friday night with a loss to Algonac in the playoff opener. Clintondale turned the ball over six times in the game, leaving their defense with short fields all night. Individual stats for Eldridge were unavailable.

Utica RB Kumehnnu Gwilly - Utica did not make the playoffs this year. They finished with a 4-5 record.

Mumford WR Tee'Ondre Harvey - Mumford did not make the playoffs this year. They finished with a 4-5 overall record.

Highlands (Kentucky) QB Austin Hergott - Highlands 32 - Boone County 6 (Regular Season Game)
Highlands won its fourth straight game last Friday night to improve to 5-5 overall on the year. The Bluebirds totaled more than 300 yards on offense, and Hergott had one of his best games of the season. He completed 14-of-23 passes for 210 yards and three touchdowns while throwing one interception. Highlands will open the Class 5A Kentucky State Playoffs this Friday night at 7:30 p.m. when they take on the Woodford County Yellow Jackets.

Farmington DB Jakkar Jackson - Farmington 30 - Franklin 33
Farmington's season came to an end last Friday night with a tough loss in the playoff opener to Franklin. The Falcons gave up 14 fourth-quarter points en route to the loss. Jakkar Jackson had one carry for 22 yards in the game while also tying for second on the team with 10 tackles. He finished the year with 70 tackles, two forced fumbles and five pass breakups. Jackson said over the week he cannot wait to be wearing the Maroon and Gold. Here are Jackson's season highlights: https://t.co/qjTF5S1t6e

Detroit King DE Leon Page - King 35 - UofD Jesuit 24
For a while last Friday night, King was on upset alert. But Michigan's number one ranked high school team came together in the fourth quarter to earn the win. Jesuit had a chance in the fourth quarter with a long drive that was started by a fake punt, but Page and the rest of his line earned a sack on third-and-long and forced a punt that helped seal the win. Individual stats for Page were unavailable. King will face Wyandotte Roosevelt in the District title game on Saturday at 1 p.m.

Bishop McNamara (Illinois) RB Jonathan Ward
- Bishop McNamara 48 - Mercer County 0
Ward's monster season continued last weekend as he led his team to a dominating playoff-opening win. Ward had touchdown runs of 71 yards, 30 yards and 20 yards and also had a 42-yard touchdown run that was called back due to a penalty. He was also flagged for the celebration on the touchdown that didn't count, fueling his energy for the remainder of the game. "I try to play with a chip on my shoulder," Ward said. "That's my way of motivating myself and the team. That's how I play and try to set the tone early. Try to get the game over as soon as possible." The Fighting Irish will take on Newman Central Catholic in the second round at 7 p.m. on Saturday night.

#FireUpChips

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News