ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

ThePride77

Ben Kelso
Oct 1, 2013
Not a bad day for a spring game.
Low-mid 50's, sun, with a little slight breeze.

Overall, not bad. I was hoping they'd show some of the up-tempo stuff they've been talking up, but I sort of expected they would be pretty vanilla. Even so, yo could see some of the new wrinkles in the offense, there seems to be an emphasis to spread it out. I don't recall seeing very many 2-back sets. Lot's of shotgun, 3-4 WR's/TE's, etc.

The RB's looked very good. Walker and Spalding both had some strong moments. I like both of those guys going into the season. Both guys have really built up their body's and bring some explosion to the position.

The WR's looked good too. We won't have that stud like Davis, but the group as a whole is full of quick, strong kids.

As much as the kid has frustrated me at times over the past 2 years, Cooper Rush better stay on the field.
He looked very good, but the kids behind him looked pretty bad. Lamb could barley complete a pass. Oakley on the other hand is a awesome athlete, but he's still learning how to get through his reads as a college QB. I could see the offense move towards a spread-option look if he get's forced into game action, or as he matures over the next few years.

The D was physical and I'm happy to see the 4-3 back. I also liked the pass rush on both sides.

Good start for coach Bono. They had a nice crowed and this should get fans excited for the fall.
I know I am, the program just had a new energy about it, and I'm hoping we can just continue to build off that.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News