ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day Recap

a10koaksfed

BCS Buster
Jun 30, 2008
Thanks TP. Short, but interesting. It brings to mind one question. Why did Enos decide to offer the EMU DE commit? He had to know that it would make Harris wonder about his future with the Chips. Does Enos feel that Stan.... is a better prospect? Did Enos feel he could get both of them? Was Stan a late addition due to the Mitogo loss? Curious at this end.

My biggest concern with Amari is his lack of competition. I worry that he won't know what real physical contact is all about. I worry that his body will breakdown as he is not used to getting pounded on by guys much bigger and stronger than he. Also, I wonder if defense is his best option. If he is slotted as a special teams returner, and why not, I would want him handling the ball in practice as much as possible. Ball skills need to be constantly reinforced. I would think that a slot position would best utilize his offensive skills. Let him use his speed, scoring potential, and ability to inject adrenaline into his teammates.

As far as Mitogo, whatever. He doesn't seem to get it. With his talent there was a reason he went to a JUCO in the first place. Most likely academics. So, after a couple of years he still doesn't qualify. CMU is not Stanford, Northwestern, Harvard..... My concern with this young man is he won't stay eligible after he gets to Mt. Pleasant. Yes, we are getting killed at the DE position, but adding a guy who can't quality doesn't really seem to be a plus.

Thanks for taking up the challenge and providing some info/thoughts. Much appreciated. And how is Tennessee?????

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News